Gather up your supplies and enter the Zippity Boo Pumpkin Patch Scarecrow Fun!
Borrow Grandpa’s old straw hat, maybe Grandma’s apron… even the dog’s bandana.
Happy, Funny, Creative, Innovative, but Not-Too-Scary Scarecrows welcome.
Each acceptable scarecrow (no fee)entry, will be able to go out and choose a Jack-O-Lantern pumpkin from the patch. This year we are accepting only 10 scarecrows so book early.
Registration – Free – Deadline: Sept 29th, 2017.
Traditional Harvest Figures: These scarecrows will be typically old-fashioned figures constructed from throw-always from the farm. Clothing, hay, stuffing, burlap, farm implements, or farm produce (corn husks, vegetables, pumpkins, etc.) are but a few ideas of the traditional scarecrow.
Humorous Scarecrows: These scarecrows should at a minimum evoke a smile! Current events, storybook characters, cartoon figures, crazy characters, or out-of-the-ordinary situations are just a few of the ideas for humorous scarecrows.
Celebrity Scarecrows: Use your imagination! These scarecrows can depict a modern day celebrity or one from your past. Materials used may include metal, plastics, ceramics, etc.
Scarecrows reflecting controversial, social, religious or political opinions or statements will not be accepted. Bloody, gruesome, or especially scary entries will be disqualified. Please keep in mind small children will be viewing these.
Scarecrows must be removed beginning November 1 and gone by November 3rd at 5pm. If it is not picked up, we will dispose of it.
Scarecrow Rules and Information:
• All entries will receive an 8’x8’ space Minimum height = 4’, Maximum height 8’
• Optional written description and/or title for your entry .
• Zippity Zoo Barnyard reserves the right to refuse any scarecrow entry that we feel may be offensive to the public. Scarecrows reflecting controversial, social, religious or political opinions or statements will not be accepted. Bloody, gruesome, or especially scary entries will be disqualified. Please keep in mind small children will be viewing these.
• Your scarecrow MUST BE WEATHERRESISTANT & STURDY. Consider the weather when choosing and securing your materials to your entry. No perishable goods may be used in the construction of your scarecrow (i.e., pumpkins,squash, etc.). All ornamental items must be securely attached. Zippity Zoo Barnyard reserves the right to remove any scarecrow that does not hold up to the natural elements.
• No electricity will be provided.
• It is recommended each scarecrow include a wooden post or 2” diameter PVC pipe so it can be fastened/slid onto a T-post provided by Wheeler Farm. All applicants are responsible for securing their own scarecrow with their own materials to the provided in-place T-post.
• A weather-proof sign 24”x 24” or smaller may be attached to the scarecrow with the creators business or personal name if desired.
• Zippity Zoo Barnyard reserves the right to photograph entries for any promotional purpose.
Photographs become property of Zippity Zoo Barnyard.
• Zippity Zoo Barnyard is not responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items.
• No items such as tiki-torches or gas powered generators allowed. No flames allowed.